Fire Damage Tips for Homeowners
If you have experienced fire damage in your home, here are some important things to know before SERVPRO gets there:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage
- Place dry colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling
- If the electricity is off, empty the freezer and refrigerator and prop the doors open
- Wipe soot from the chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances then protect them with a light coating of lubricant.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting with SERVPRO
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without consulting a repair service.
These tips are important and will help you get back into your home as soon as possible. If you have any questions, call SERVPRO of Anson, Stanly, & Richmond Counties at (704)-474-7190.